Finca Tres Robles is a community based urban farm located just four miles east of downtown Houston. It is very important to us that the farm be a space for people in the Houston area, especially young people, to experience agriculture firsthand.
Farm Encounter Field Trips are designed to expose students to new ideas and concepts through hands on activities on a working farm. While these farm encounters may only scratch the surface of complex issues, this time is meant to get kids thinking about aspects of their daily lives in a new way and to enlighten them about the world around us. We look forward to hosting you out at the farm for a day full of exploration, learning, and fun for your entire group.
Booking your Farm Encounter Field Trip
Farm Outing Times & Basic Information:
- Farm Encounter Field Trips are offered:
- Weekdays: Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Weekends: Saturdays between 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Farm Encounter Field Trips typically last between 1.5 to 2.5 hours as desired.
- The maximum number per field trip is 60 students. If your group exceeds 60 students, a second slot is required.
- Minimum of one teacher/chaperone for every seven K-8 students or one for every fifteen high school students.
- The minimum number per field trip is 15 (or a combination of students and chaperones equaling at least $150)
What a Farm Encounter Field Trip includes:
- An age appropriate walking tour of our working farm.
- Hands on activities for the students to explore various topics by interacting with the world around them in a real and tangible way. Agriculture intersects with a wide range of topics and our goal is to use the farm to explore these topics. School groups can select from the following list of topics:
- Introduction to Farming
- Plant Life Cycle
- Insects on the Farm
- Farm Poetry
- Health & Nutrition
- Other unique farm related topics can be accommodated and developed for an additional fee.
Booking & Payment Information:
|Weekdays||$10.00 per student, $5.00 per chaperone*|
|Weekends||$15.00 per student, $5.00 per chaperone*|
|Scholarships are available. Please contact farm staff to learn more.|
|*Teachers and school staff are free|
- Sibling attendance for the field trip is allowed at the school’s discretion. Finca Tres Robles staff must be notified in advance. Siblings aged 3 years and up will be charged the $10.00/$15.00 student fee. Children younger than 3 years old are permitted free, however we stress that parents must come prepared as special accommodations will not be made. Schools are responsible for informing parents of these policies. Chaperones that arrive with unpaid siblings will be charged for their admission.
- A $25 non-refundable deposit per field trip slot is required to hold your field trip reservation. The deposit is due within 7 days of reserving your field trip date and will be deducted from your total balance. Failure to pay deposit within 7 days will reopen your slot until payment is received.
- Balance (total minus deposit) must be received 10 days prior to the reserved date. Adjustments to field trips and headcount must be finalized by this date. No refunds will be issued for absent students or chaperones.
- Finca Tres Robles is not responsible for lost drivers or chaperones. Late arrivals will receive a shortened field trip of the farm at the tour guide’s discretion.