Agricultural Immersion Field Trips are designed for students to spend the day delving into real world topics through interactive and thought provoking activities on the farm. These field trips provide students time and space to devote their attention to a focused topic to develop a deeper and more complete understanding. We look forward to hosting you out at the farm for a day full of exploration, learning, and fun for your entire group.
Booking your Agricultural Immersion Field Trip
Field Trip Times & Basic Information:
- Agricultural Immersion Field Trips are offered:
- Weekdays: Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Weekends: Saturdays between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Agricultural Immersion Field Trips typically last between 3 to 5 hours depending on topics and selected add ons.
- The maximum number per field trip is 30 students. If your group exceeds 30 students, a second slot is required.
- Minimum of one teacher/chaperone for every seven K-8 students or one for every fifteen high school students.
- The minimum number per field trip is 10 (or a combination of students and chaperones equaling at least $250).
What a Field Trip includes:
- An age appropriate walking tour of our working farm.
- Hands on activities for the students to explore various topics by interacting with the world around them in a real and tangible way. Agriculture intersects with a wide range of topics and our goal is to use the farm to explore these topics. Groups can select from the following list of topics:
- Foundations of Farming
- Understanding Ecosystems
- Health & Nutrition
- Sustainability & the Environment
- Setting Foot in a Food Desert
- Other unique farm related topics can be accommodated and developed for an additional fee.
- Agricultural Immersion Field Trip Add ons
- Harvest your Farm Fresh lunch – additional $60 + $6 per person (+1.5 hrs)
- Work the Market (Saturdays only) – additional $30 + $2.50 per student (+1 hr)
Booking & Payment Information:
To reserve your Field Trip, complete the Agricultural Immersion Field Trip Request Form and read through the full Agricultural Immersion Field Trip Details. Payment can be made online or mailed to the farm.
|Weekdays||$25.00 per student, $8.00 per chaperone*|
|Weekends||$35.00 per student, $8.00 per chaperone*|
|Scholarships are available. Please contact farm staff to learn about scholarship requirements.|
|*Teachers and school staff are free|
- Sibling attendance for the field trip is allowed at the school/organization’s discretion. Finca Tres Robles staff must be notified in advance. Siblings aged 3 years and up will be charged the $25.00/$35.00 student fee. Children younger than 3 years old are permitted free, however we stress that parents must come prepared as special accommodations will not be made. Schools are responsible for informing parents of these policies. Chaperones that arrive with unpaid siblings will be charged for their admission.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit per field trip slot is required to hold your field trip reservation. The deposit is due within 7 days of reserving your field trip date and will be deducted from your total balance. Failure to pay deposit within 7 days will reopen your slot until payment is received.
- Balance (total minus deposit) must be received 10 days prior to the reserved date. Adjustments to field trips and headcount must be finalized by this date. No refunds will be issued for absent students or chaperones.
- Finca Tres Robles is not responsible for lost drivers or chaperones. Late arrivals will receive a shortened field trip of the farm at the tour guide’s discretion.